The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act made dramatic changes to itemized deductions. We’ll cover specific strategies to maximize your clients’ benefits under the new rules.
• Deductibility of home mortgage interest.
• Capitalizing taxes on investment property.
• Home office deductions for S corp shareholders
Some knowledge of itemized deductions.
CPAs and CPA aspirants in public practice and tax staff in private practice who have some experience with tax preparation.
- Determine how to maximize itemized deductions under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
2. Determine how donor-advised funds and qualifying charitable distributions can maximize deductible charitable contributions at a minimal cost.
3. Apply case law and administrative guidance to increase the deduction for tax preparation fees.
4. Determine deductible home mortgage interest, including the refinancing rules.
5. Apply tax regulations to derive benefit from investment advisory fees.
6. Apply elections to increase the deduction for property taxes on investment property.
7. Identify the method to maximize home office deductions for S corp shareholders.
This event is part of the following bundles:
The Tax Academy presented by Cutting Edge Tax Strategies LLC Bundle
Multiple Events Between Monday, July 20 - Monday, August 17
Up to 10 Credits
George Koutelieris, CPA, is a shareholder with the firm Johnson & Shute P.S. He subsequently received his Master’s in Taxation from Golden Gate University graduating with Highest Honors in 2010 and being awarded the Outstanding Graduate Tax Student Award for the Seattle campus of Golden Gate. He is currently an Adjunct Professor at Golden Gate University teaching various tax courses. George’s practice includes planning and consulting on complex transactions including formations, liquidations, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sales, multi-state and international tax for closely held businesses and their owners. In addition, George provides compliance and representation services before the IRS and various state taxing agencies for clients. George is also an active speaker on various tax topics, having presented in the past for Golden Gate University, the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants. George Koutelieris and Greg White are available to teach in-house courses in tandem for company CPE needs.
Greg White, CPA, has practiced tax accounting for more than 35 years. He is a founder, shareholder, and President of CPA firm WGN, P.S. in Seattle, which serves a successful entrepreneurial client base. Greg is in his 10th year as an Adjunct Professor at the Golden Gate University’s Seattle Campus where he has taught Taxation of Property, Tax Accounting and Individual Taxation. Greg is licensed to practice in and has argued cases before the U.S. Tax Court. He has been named a “Top 50” IRS Practitioner by CPA Magazine. Greg has extensively presented tax CPE, predominantly on the west coast, over the last decade and has written and presented live courses and webinars for CCH and others nationally. He has presented tax topics in the Pacific Northwest on TV including spots on KOMO TV and King TV.
Non-Member Price $120.00
Member Price $100.00