The CARES Act was signed in to law March 27 made sweeping changes to the tax law that affects almost all tax practitioners. In this program George and Greg will discuss the key provisions of this new legislation, helping you understand what you need to know NOW to help your clients immediately. We’ll have a special emphasis on late breaking developments, including IRS notices, frequently asked questions and revenue procedures.
• Employee retention credit.
• The employer FICA payroll tax payment delay.
• Retirement plan provisions including waiver of the 10% tax for early retirement plan distributions and RMD waiver for 2020.
• Above-the-line charitable deduction and changes to the limits on charitable deductions. Exclusion for eligible student loan repayments.
• Change in the rules relating to net operating losses and carrybacks.
• Changes in the Sec. 461 (I) loss limitation rules.
• Changes in the rules relating to the deduction of business Interest.
• Long-awaited technical correction dealing with bonus depreciation and QIP.
Any tax practitioner advising individual and business clients.
- Be able to compute the employee retention credit.
2. Determine which years are covered under the new rules.
3. Compute the amount of bonus depreciation available to “qualified improvement property.”
This event is part of the following bundles:
The Tax Academy presented by Cutting Edge Tax Strategies LLC Bundle
Multiple Events Between Monday, July 20 - Monday, August 17
Up to 10 Credits
George Koutelieris, CPA, is a shareholder with the firm Johnson & Shute P.S. He subsequently received his Master’s in Taxation from Golden Gate University graduating with Highest Honors in 2010 and being awarded the Outstanding Graduate Tax Student Award for the Seattle campus of Golden Gate. He is currently an Adjunct Professor at Golden Gate University teaching various tax courses. George’s practice includes planning and consulting on complex transactions including formations, liquidations, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sales, multi-state and international tax for closely held businesses and their owners. In addition, George provides compliance and representation services before the IRS and various state taxing agencies for clients. George is also an active speaker on various tax topics, having presented in the past for Golden Gate University, the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants. George Koutelieris and Greg White are available to teach in-house courses in tandem for company CPE needs.
Greg White, CPA, has practiced tax accounting for more than 35 years. He is a founder, shareholder, and President of CPA firm WGN, P.S. in Seattle, which serves a successful entrepreneurial client base. Greg is in his 10th year as an Adjunct Professor at the Golden Gate University’s Seattle Campus where he has taught Taxation of Property, Tax Accounting and Individual Taxation. Greg is licensed to practice in and has argued cases before the U.S. Tax Court. He has been named a “Top 50” IRS Practitioner by CPA Magazine. Greg has extensively presented tax CPE, predominantly on the west coast, over the last decade and has written and presented live courses and webinars for CCH and others nationally. He has presented tax topics in the Pacific Northwest on TV including spots on KOMO TV and King TV.
Non-Member Price $120.00
Member Price $100.00