This program addresses the critical issues and special opportunities facing S corporations, with a focus on the new IRS guidelines on shareholder stock and loan basis reporting. The impact of recent legislation, including the CARES Act and COVID-19 developments, on the tax filings of S corporations will be addressed, as well as the significant impact of the new Section 199A flow-through entities deduction on S corporations.
- Recent tax legislation, rules, and developments impacting S-corporations
- New Section 163(j) business interest expense limitation
- Guide to applying the new Section 199A deduction
- Filing deadlines and extensions
- New rules on meals and entertainment expense reporting
Basic working knowledge of S-corporations.
Experienced practitioners with S-corporation clients and members in industry working for an S-corporation, or those seeking and update on thorny S-corporation issues.
- Apply the latest tax rules and regulations of S-corporations
- Discuss the new Section 199A rules and regulations and how their significant impact S-corporations
- Distinguish and define complex S-corporation issues"
Douglas Van Der Aa
Doug Van Der Aa is a Tax Manager for the Grand Rapids, Michigan firm of Hungerford, Aldrin, Nichols & Carter, PC, CPAs and Consultants, where he specializes in the preparation and review of individual, corporate, estate, trust and partnership tax returns for small and mid-sized businesses; acquisition, and reorganization and financing of corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability companies; complex commercial real estate transactions (Section 1031 tax-free exchanges, leasing, purchase/sale); tax research and planning. Over the past 10 years, Doug has taught several accounting and tax courses for Grand Valley State University, Hope College and Davenport University, as well as served as a speaker for the Michigan Association of CPAs. Doug received his B.S. in accounting from Dordt College and his Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois. He is a member of the MACPA, Michigan State Bar, AICPA and the Economic Club of Grand Rapids.
Non-Member Price $159.00
Member Price $129.00