Excel is the accountant’s tool of choice for analyzing and reporting financial data, yet many use time-consuming and error-prone processes to complete everyday tasks. Regardless of your level of experience, if you use Excel, you need this course to learn more efficient and effective ways to work with Excel. In this course, you will learn countless tips, tricks, and techniques to improve your general level of productivity, reduce the amount of time you spend on mundane tasks, such as formatting, and customize Excel for greater accuracy and efficiency. You will also learn valuable formula-building skills, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks, and how to streamline report generation and printing processes.
- Computer Software
Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or newer
Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn how to use Excel more efficiently and effectively.
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting
- Customize Excel’s user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s Options to improve efficiency, and create and use Templates to increase efficiency and productivity
- Utilize various formula building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas, to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations, and formulas that contain circular references
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links, and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms, and working with Custom Views to automate print settings"
Thomas G. Stephens, Jr., received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. Upon graduation, Mr. Stephens began working for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm. After earning his designation as a Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Stephens worked for BellSouth Corporation in Atlanta as an Internal Auditor. After two years as an auditor, he was promoted to Staff Manager and then Operations Manager of the Internal Audit Group. In 1991, he transferred to the Comptrollers’ department of BellSouth and served as Manager of the Cost Accounting organization. While working full-time at BellSouth Corporation, Mr. Stephens also attended graduate school, earning a Masters of Science (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in 1992.
Mr. Stephens left BellSouth in 1994 and opened his public accounting practice in the metropolitan Atlanta area. In his practice, Mr. Stephens provided accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a wide variety of small and emerging businesses. As part of his practice, he developed a successful consulting practice providing installation and support services of small business accounting software. Additionally, he began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, Mr. Stephens affiliated with K2 Enterprises and in 2007 he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured nationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past nineteen years, Mr. Stephens has presented in excess of 1,800 educational sessions to over 55,000 participants nationwide.
Presently, Mr. Stephens resides in Woodstock, Georgia where, in addition to his association with K2 Enterprises, he provides consulting services to small businesses and CPA firms. In addition to an active professional career, Mr. Stephens enjoys an active personal life as well. He and Michelle – his wife of twenty-nine years – have two children. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, and running. Additionally, Mr. Stephens maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants and is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Non-Member Price $275.00
Member Price $225.00