Blockchain and other emerging technologies will affect every industry and profession. For example, some products have already implemented machine learning and artificial intelligence to help you be more effective. Further, process automation tools are now available for small and mid-sized businesses. In this “how-to” session, you will learn about emerging technologies that directly affect business professionals. While many emerging technologies are not yet ready for prime-time, some of them are. With the cookbook approach used in this session, you will see how tools available now can help you and your team be more productive, efficient, and effective.
- Emerging technology trends that affect your strategy
- Purchase guidance on what to approve and avoid
- Innovative applications for productivity and efficiency
- Interesting technology to test and consider
Fundamental knowledge computer operations
Business professionals who desire to learn more about the Dark Web, why it exists, and the positive and negative attributes associated with it.
- List major emerging technology trends and identify their importance as it relates to accounting
- Illustrate how Robotic Process Automation is changing the landscape of traditional accounting and financial functions
- Identify major updates, strategies, and opportunities that include artificial intelligence and machine learning from leading software publishers
- Differentiate between the most useful emerging technology tools and implement practical solutions to take advantage of these opportunities
- Assess the potential impact of implementing an emerging technology strategy to improve financial and operational reporting
- Identify leading tools available today and the importance of facilitating the adoption of emerging technologies in your organization
Thomas Stephens Jr
Thomas G. Stephens, Jr., received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. Upon graduation, Mr. Stephens began working for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm. After earning his designation as a Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Stephens worked for BellSouth Corporation in Atlanta as an Internal Auditor. After two years as an auditor, he was promoted to Staff Manager and then Operations Manager of the Internal Audit Group. In 1991, he transferred to the Comptrollers’ department of BellSouth and served as Manager of the Cost Accounting organization. While working full-time at BellSouth Corporation, Mr. Stephens also attended graduate school, earning a Masters of Science (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in 1992.
Mr. Stephens left BellSouth in 1994 and opened his public accounting practice in the metropolitan Atlanta area. In his practice, Mr. Stephens provided accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a wide variety of small and emerging businesses. As part of his practice, he developed a successful consulting practice providing installation and support services of small business accounting software. Additionally, he began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, Mr. Stephens affiliated with K2 Enterprises and in 2007 he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured nationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past nineteen years, Mr. Stephens has presented in excess of 1,800 educational sessions to over 55,000 participants nationwide.
Presently, Mr. Stephens resides in Woodstock, Georgia where, in addition to his association with K2 Enterprises, he provides consulting services to small businesses and CPA firms. In addition to an active professional career, Mr. Stephens enjoys an active personal life as well. He and Michelle – his wife of twenty-nine years – have two children. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, and running. Additionally, Mr. Stephens maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants and is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Non-Member Price $109.00
Member Price $79.00