This program provides an update to the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting both business and individual taxpayers, including a review and integration of 2021 legislation. The content of the course will include expected late 2021 legislation.
- Individual provisions: Rebates; Unemployment Compensation; Child Tax Credit; Dependent Care Credit and Assistance Plan; Earned Income Tax Credit; Premium Tax Credit; and Student Loans
- Biden’s proposed legislation for individuals
- Business provisions: Paid Sick and Family Leave Credit; Targeted Economic Injury Grants; Shuttered Venue Grants; Restaurant Revitalization Grant; Paycheck Protection Loans; Employee Retention Credit; and Business Meals Deduction.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE COVERAGE OF BUSINESS TAX LEGISLATION BASED ON BIDEN’S TAX PROPOSALS.
Basic working knowledge of business and individual taxation.
Practitioners desiring an update on significant developments affecting the filing season, staff members who will have significant compliance assignments during tax season, and members in industry seeking to keep their knowledge current.
- Implement practical strategies based on recent developments
- Identify and recall key compliance issues
- Identify and recall significant changes in tax forms
Steve Dilley is President of Federal Tax Workshops, Inc., East Lansing, Michigan, where for the past 35 years, his organization has prepared continuing professional education materials and presented seminars for accountants and attorneys throughout the United States. He is nationally known for his knowledge of the financial, accounting, and tax problems of the closely held business. He has published numerous articles on these topics.
In addition, Steve is a Professor of Accounting at Michigan State University, East Lansing, where he teaches tax accounting. He was nominated in 2004 for the “Educator of the Year Award” and received the 2005 “Distinguished Achievement in Accounting Education Award” in Michigan. He also received the 2007 MSU Accounting and Information Systems Department Outstanding Teacher Award.
He obtained his PhD in accounting, law degree and an undergraduate accounting degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a member of the Michigan Association of CPAs, Wisconsin Bar Association, The American Accounting Association, AICPA, American Tax Association, and Hawaii Association of Public Accountants.
Non-Member Price $189.00
Member Price $139.00