The CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs, to an entire year of CPE with a single decision. Each day consists of a subject matter expert leading discussions about two different topics. Preparing For Growth Part 1 you will explore how to develop capital budgets in a growing company environment. You will also explore short-term, mid-term, and long-term cash management techniques.
Advanced Capital Budgeting for Effective Decisions
Since we operate in a dynamic, ever-changing market, why do we typically use static capital budgeting models? Traditional, static models are not enough. An integrated capital budgeting approach will result in greater overall returns and stronger impact to the bottom line.
• Identify impacting working capital level
• Describe policies associated with working capital management
• Ten ways to collect your money
• Make AP a tool to enhance our Supply Chain’s potential
• Use benchmarking metrics to manage and track the effectiveness of AR and AP in cash management
Optimizing Working Capital Management
Cash is “King”, but it does not manage itself. This session will explore short-term, mid-term, and long-term cash management techniques and attempt to answer these issues:
• How can we shorten the cash conversion cycle?
• How can we use technology to improve receipts?
• How working with vendors and customers can help cash management efforts.
• How working capital loans depend on our collateral and overall debt capacity.
• How banks and other lenders fit into our long-term cash and capital needs.
People who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers.
Understand how to develop capital budgets in a growing company environment. Gain new ideas for managing your organizations working capital. Gain insights into how internal audit can become an asset for the CFO. Understand how to perform your month-end closing faster, better and cheaper.
Don Minges is a fractional CFO who worked in diverse industries at various stages of development. He has experience in profitability enhancement, strategic planning, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, consulting, turnarounds, economic forecasting, cost accounting and financial analysis. Don has experience raising equity for several growing firms and has also invested equity capital into promising businesses. He has served on the Board of Directors of many firms. Mr. Minges graduated with highest honors from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke.
Non-Member Price $183.00
Member Price $158.00