If you are an experienced Excel user seeking to elevate your skills, join the K2 team for K2’s Advanced Excel.In this laptop-friendly program, you will learn critical advanced Excel skills in six key areas:
- collaborating with other users and securing workbooks,
- using tables to analyze and report data,
- integrating and manipulating data from external sources,
- creating and auditing complex formulas,
- advanced data analysis tools,
- visualization techniques to analyze and communicate information
The course draws from over twenty-five years of experience in delivering Excel training to accountants and other business professionals. Throughout the program, relevant, real-world examples reinforce the major topics presented.You do not want to miss this opportunity to become more efficient and proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, the tool of choice for accounting and financial professionals. This course covers advanced Excel topics found in Excel 2013 and newer.
- Computer Software and Applications
Experienced Excel user.
Business professionals who work with Excel 2013 or newer and want to extend their knowledge with advanced features and functions.
- Identify and implement the best techniques to secure sensitive information in Excel workbooks and collaborate with other users to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Create tables and take advantage of their advanced features,such as dynamic data ranges,structured reference formulas, and the ability to relate multiple tables together into a Data Model
- Import and link data into Excel from external sources–including text, Access, and SQL Server–and use advanced tools,such as Power Query and various cleanup tools to manipulate the data to meet specific needs
- Use advanced functions,such as SUM PRODUCT, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX,NETWORK DAYS, RAND, RAND BETWEEN, NPV, IRR, XNPV, and XIRR to create and audit complex formulas
- Analyze worksheet data using techniques such as Data Tables, Subtotals, Slicers, Filters, and PivotTables
- Describe techniques used to create, manipulate, and customize charts for analyzing and communicating information.
Thomas Stephens Jr
Thomas G. Stephens, Jr., received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. Upon graduation, Mr. Stephens began working for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm. After earning his designation as a Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Stephens worked for BellSouth Corporation in Atlanta as an Internal Auditor. After two years as an auditor, he was promoted to Staff Manager and then Operations Manager of the Internal Audit Group. In 1991, he transferred to the Comptrollers’ department of BellSouth and served as Manager of the Cost Accounting organization. While working full-time at BellSouth Corporation, Mr. Stephens also attended graduate school, earning a Masters of Science (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in 1992.
Mr. Stephens left BellSouth in 1994 and opened his public accounting practice in the metropolitan Atlanta area. In his practice, Mr. Stephens provided accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a wide variety of small and emerging businesses. As part of his practice, he developed a successful consulting practice providing installation and support services of small business accounting software. Additionally, he began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, Mr. Stephens affiliated with K2 Enterprises and in 2007 he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured nationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past nineteen years, Mr. Stephens has presented in excess of 1,800 educational sessions to over 55,000 participants nationwide.
Presently, Mr. Stephens resides in Woodstock, Georgia where, in addition to his association with K2 Enterprises, he provides consulting services to small businesses and CPA firms. In addition to an active professional career, Mr. Stephens enjoys an active personal life as well. He and Michelle – his wife of twenty-nine years – have two children. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, and running. Additionally, Mr. Stephens maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants and is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Non-Member Price $275.00
Member Price $225.00