The need for effective financial and retirement planning has never been greater! Gain practical insights from industry leaders and learn timely information on various aspects of financial and retirement planning.
- Collaborating CPAs and CFPs – Where the Magic Happens presented by Rob Greenman, CFP, & Julia Tierney, CFP
- This session will cover a variety of financial planning topics including a deep dive on Roth conversion, charitable giving, and inheritance planning strategies.
- Managing the Medicare Maze – How to Help Clients Avoid Traps, Money Pits, and Dead Ends presented by Brent Hunsberger, CFP
- Perhaps one of the biggest shocks seniors face when retiring is how complex Medicare can be. For perhaps the first time in their lives, they'll be confronted with possibly dozens of choices and the best fit isn't always evident. In this session, you'll learn how to help clients navigate the maze that is Medicare — its deadlines, penalties, plan types and free help.
- Annuities as a Pension Replacement presented by Wade Pfau, PhD, CFA, RICP
- As the baby boomers reach retirement, advisors must solve new problems for clients. Retirement income is different as clients shift their focus from maximizing wealth to creating sustainable income, clients face a greater range of risks, and clients increasingly must solve a complex lifetime financial problem, which includes finding a replacement for increasingly rare traditional pensions. Two distinct schools of thought have emerged within the retirement income world: probability-based approaches and safety-first approaches. This presentation considers how different retirement income tools can be combined to build more efficient retirement strategies in a many that best integrates aspects from both schools of thought. This includes an investigation of annuities as a source of protected lifetime income.
- Planning for College Funding presented by Ann Garcia, CFP
- Paying for college is the ultimate moving goalposts goal. Not only does the cost keep increasing, but the range of costs and opacity of the system makes planning frustrating for families. This session will review various savings options, along with financial aid and scholarships, with a view towards helping your clients make good choices about paying for college.
- How to — And How Not To — Invest in Real Estate in Your Retirement Plan
- Social Security Update
Tax professionals looking for an update on financial and retirement planning issues for themselves or for their clients.
This program is designed to provide you with an overview of the latest developments on financial and retirement planning related issues.
- Ann Garcia
Non-Member Price $370.00
Member Price $295.00