2020 the COVID epidemic dramatically reduced the level of service by IRS. For many months there were almost no audits Also over the past several years, the IRS has seen its budget cut significantly. There has been a corresponding reduction in the quality of service that it provides, including a dramatic cutback in its enforcement efforts. The current IRS commissioner is improving morale at the agency. This course will examine the methods the IRS is using in this new enforcement climate. It will cover new IRS examination and collection priorities and procedures, IRS criminal investigation initiatives, recent important developments for practitioners, and taxpayer advocate services.
Delayed notices. Taxpayer advocate report. Taxpayer First Act.
CPAs and tax professionals.
Identify IRS initiatives in examinations. Recognize current changes in IRS collection procedures. Identify the IRS offshore compliance initiative. Recognize IRS budget problems and its impact on your clients.
- This is a FlexCast™ (no exam required) and may be viewed only Monday - Saturday, 5am - 5pm PT.
- You may take up to one year from the date of purchase to complete the course.
- Pause your FlexCast and resume at a convenient day during the hours above.
- Partial credit for 2+ credit courses: If you are unable to complete the course in one sitting, partial credit can be awarded (minimum of one credit). To earn the remaining credits, you must return later and start the course from the beginning.
- Use chat to ask questions of a subject matter expert during the program.
Adam Fayne assists companies and individuals, nationally and internationally, on corporate and tax issues. As a corporate attorney, Adam routinely advises management or in-house general counsel on various legal matters affecting their day-to-day corporate activities. His experience includes handling matters involving mergers and acquisitions, employment, compliance, litigation, personal injury, vendor contract review and negotiations, employment benefits, financing, real estate and many other issues. Adam is also a tax attorney who helps businesses and individuals with tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax planning both domestically and internationally. He also handles a variety of white collar criminal matters, both federal and state, particularly involving civil and criminal tax fraud, including tax evasion, money laundering and offshore tax compliance. Adam’s knowledge of tax law is informed by his former role as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney with the Department of Treasury’s IRS.
Non-Member Price $56.00
Member Price $49.00