WHO is JSP?
We are Johnson, Stone & Pagano, and a premier accounting firm based in Tacoma. Devoted to achieving the best financial result while delivering the highest quality in professional accounting services. We do taxes, audits, advisory; it’s our commitment to help our clients and friends achieve success. We support our COMMUNITY! Giving back is what is important to us…we truly enjoy helping others. We work with a FUN team that encourages FLEXIBILITY! Being resilient, open-minded, and adaptable are the name of the game. Promoting a strong work/life balance ensures personal growth. Want to learn more about JSP? Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and/or visit our website. We invite you to discover the difference in being a part of Johnson, Stone & Pagano’s team. On OUR team we measure success by doing what we LOVE, fulfilling our career ambitions and providing valued services to our clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO at JSP?
Mindset and tenacity are everything in driving your success. You will become an integral part of the client relationship the minute you step foot in the door. Relationship building is key! Success depends on developing strong, positive working relationships with clients, shareholders and staff. PASSION! Are you passionate about learning, developing your expertise and growing as an individual? Are you enthusiastic, energetic and work with passion? Given the opportunities to work alongside owners and managers of the firm you will be empowered to pave your way, make your mark and develop your own self brand! Contribute to the client service team with quality work in a time efficient manner while delivering top notch, attentive service that we are committed to as a team.
• Plan, execute, and conclude audit and attest engagements
• Supervise one or more audit staff during the engagement
• Prepare or review staff-prepared financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP
• Provide timely preparation and/or review of necessary reports with quality, thoroughness and accuracy
• Keep abreast of changes in industry regulations, and developing competency through continuing education and by obtaining additional professional certifications
• Recognize and inform management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
• Travel - approximately 10%
WHY WORK at JSP?
We love to throw in a good perk, or two, or three, or more because we are invested in YOU! We offer EXCELLENT benefits that are an integral part of the total competitive compensation package.
• 5 weeks (CTO) compensated time off annually; 7 paid holidays
• Insurance (Medical, dental, vision and group term life); benefits to PT employees
• 401(k) Plan, with match
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• Continuing professional education and professional licensing paid for by the firm
• Relocation expenses are negotiable
• Business expense and mileage reimbursement
WHAT WILL YOU BRING to JSP?
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field. Minimum of 3 years of public accounting with experience including recent audit supervisor/senior level experience.
• CPA certification/license
• Ability to communicate with client senior management
• Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing client satisfaction
• Developing an understanding of client’s business and becoming a “functional expert”
• General knowledge of FASB standards, GAAP and GAAS; and
• Proficiency using CCH ProFX, Engagement, Excel, Word and OutlookApply Online