WHO is JSP?
We are Johnson, Stone & Pagano, and a premier accounting firm based in Tacoma. Devoted to achieving the best financial result while delivering the highest quality in professional accounting services. We do taxes, audits, advisory; it’s our commitment to help our clients and friends achieve success. We support our COMMUNITY! Giving back is what is important to us…we truly enjoy helping others. We work with a FUN team that encourages FLEXIBILITY! Being resilient, open-minded, and adaptable are the name of the game. Promoting a strong work/life balance ensures personal growth. Want to learn more about JSP? Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and/or visit our website. We invite you to discover the difference in being a part of Johnson, Stone & Pagano’s team. On OUR team we measure success by doing what we LOVE, fulfilling our career ambitions and providing valued services to our clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO at JSP?
Mindset and tenacity are everything in driving your success. You will become an integral part of the client relationship the minute you step foot in the door. Relationship building is key! Success depends on developing strong, positive working relationships with clients, shareholders and staff. PASSION! Are you passionate about learning, developing your expertise and growing as an individual? Are you enthusiastic, energetic and work with passion? Given the opportunities to work alongside owners and managers of the firm you will be empowered to pave your way, make your mark and develop your own self brand! Contribute to the client service team with quality work in a time efficient manner while delivering top notch, attentive service that we are committed to as a team.
• Review business and individual tax returns.
• Prepare high level tax returns, including state returns; signs completed tax returns
• Interview clients to obtain information for tax returns or other projects.
• Review tax accruals and attends meeting with auditors regarding tax issues.
• Manage client relationships by monitoring client needs, building value into professional service.
• Evaluate the costs, benefits and risks of alternative solutions to client problems or needs.
• Perform tax research and other special projects as they occur.
• Provide feedback in order to develop the tax practice.
• Capitalize on personal and professional experiences in order to develop business and practice lines.
• Participate in the management team, bringing ideas and feedback in supporting the firm’s strategic plan, and being involved with firm committees.
• Supervise and delegate duties to Supervisors, Senior Staff and Staff.
• Provide mentoring and technical training for employees in the tax department and participates in performance reviews.
• Perform client manager duties including billing and collection efforts for book of business clients.
• Participate in the area of business development, including outside marketing efforts and preparing proposals.
• Participate in community organizations and industry functions.
• Demonstrate competencies in accordance with Career Development.
• Able to work excess hours in periods throughout the year, specifically from January 15 to April 15 and August 15 to October 15 which may be in excess of 60 hours per week.
• Prompt and dependable attendance.
• Achieve your annual charge hour goal of 1,500 hours.
WHY WORK at JSP?
We love to throw in a good perk, or two, or three, or more because we are invested in YOU! We offer EXCELLENT benefits that are an integral part of the total competitive compensation package.
• 5 weeks (CTO) compensated time off annually; paid holidays
• Insurance (Medical, dental, vision and group term life); benefits to PT employees
• 401(k) Plan, with match
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• Continuing professional education and professional licensing
• Relocation expenses are negotiable
WHAT WILL YOU BRING to JSP?
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field. Minimum of 7 years of public accounting with experience of the above responsibilities and a valid Certified Public Accountant license.
• Extensive knowledge of tax accounting principles and IRS regulations.
• Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking skills.
• Skills in networking and developing business.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
• Ability to multi task with multiple projects
• Meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
• Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and related programs.Apply Online