WHO is JSP?
We are Johnson, Stone & Pagano, and a premier accounting firm based in Tacoma. Devoted to achieving the best financial result while delivering the highest quality in professional accounting services. We do taxes, audits, advisory; it’s our commitment to help our clients and friends achieve success. We support our COMMUNITY! Giving back is what is important to us…we truly enjoy helping others. We work with a FUN team that encourages FLEXIBILITY! Being resilient, open-minded, and adaptable are the name of the game. Promoting a strong work/life balance ensures personal growth. Want to learn even more about JSP? Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and/or visit our website. We invite you to discover the difference in being a part of Johnson, Stone & Pagano’s team. On OUR team we measure success by doing what we LOVE, fulfilling our career ambitions and providing valued services to our clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO at JSP?
Mindset and tenacity are everything in driving your success. You will become an integral part of the client relationship the minute you step foot in the door. Relationship building is key! Success depends on developing strong, positive working relationships with clients, shareholders and staff. PASSION! Are you passionate about learning, developing your expertise and growing as an individual? Are you enthusiastic, energetic and work with passion? Given the opportunities to work alongside owners and managers of the firm you will be empowered to pave your way, make your mark and develop your own self brand! Contribute to the client service team with quality work in a time efficient manner while delivering top notch, attentive service that we are committed to as a team.
• Provide a wide variety of diversified, usually complex, tax-related tasks
• Prepare personal and corporate tax returns
• Delegate, be a resource and supervise work for tax staff and senior tax accountants
• Prepare BNA projections, analyze IRS notices and draft responses
• Assist accounting and auditing staff members in client meetings
• Key client contact person for smaller engagements
• Invoice clients and engage in fee discussions
WHY WORK at JSP?
We love to throw in a good perk, or two, or three, or more because we are invested in YOU! We offer EXCELLENT benefits that are an integral part of the total competitive compensation package.
• 5 weeks (CTO) compensated time off annually; paid holidays
• Insurance (Medical, dental, vision and group term life); benefits to PT employees
• 401(k) Plan, with match
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• Continuing professional education and professional licensing
• Relocation expenses are negotiable
WHAT WILL YOU BRING to JSP?
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting or other related program. 3-6 years’ public accounting experience.
• CPA or substantial progress towards certification
• Supervisory experience
• Communication and time management skills
• Proficiency using tax software, Engagement, Excel, Word and OutlookApply Online