Accounting Manager/Financial Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Our passion lies in helping move businesses and industries forward through safe and efficient rail transportation services. We find it rewarding to know the goods and services that move across our system have a direct impact on our local, regional, and global economies. We are proud of the work we do and of each team member that helps us continue moving forward.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an Accounting Manager who exemplifies our company values of fairness, integrity, respect, safety, and trust. Reporting to the Vice President Finance & Accounting, this role is responsible for reviewing current company processes and procedures, designing and implementing process improvements for operational functions, and performing various financial analyses and modeling for the Company’s finance and accounting group. This position adds significant value to the organization by reducing risk through improved processes and ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting. This position works cross-departmentally to build relationships and enhance operating department leaders’ financial awareness, which ultimately maximizes the profitability of the Company.
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits of various departments within MRL.
- Analyze business processes, procedures and activities to verify accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Recommend and help implement improvements to MRL business processes, procedures and activities as appropriate.
- Other functions as assigned, including preparing various analyses and modeling of the Company’s operations in order to assist in decision-making processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting - CPA certificate required
- Big Four accounting experience preferred
- Self-motivated, self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to utilize MRL business intelligence tools to audit, analyze and prepare reports
- Advanced spreadsheet and word processing skills
- AS400/JDE background beneficial
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Participation in Railroad Retirement
- Profit Sharing
- College scholarships for children and spouses
MRL CORE VALUES
At the heart of everything we do lies our core values of fairness, integrity, respect, safety and trust. Each one of our employees comes to work every day with these values in mind. We strive to hire the best of the best and to place people in opportunities that allow them to be successful.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.Apply Online