The WSCPA is Your Advocate
The WSCPA is the only organization in Washington State that represents the CPA profession at both the federal and state level. We are dedicated to providing you with useful resources, opportunities to participate in advocacy, and updates on proposed legislation and changes
The WSCPA seeks to adhere to five guiding principles in its advocacy efforts:
- Protect both the CPA designation and the accounting profession.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards of the profession.
- Serve as a resource to legislators and committees on legislation affecting the accounting profession.
- Provide relevant, salient information to members.
- Maintain transparency for both decision makers and the profession.
Successful advocacy and sound policy require a collective, collaborative effort, and with your help, we will continue providing just that. The WSCPA Advocacy Center is the source to help you keep track of proposed changes to laws and regulations, contact legislators, and be an active volunteer. Watch for advocacy news and updates here in the WSCPA's advocacy blog All Things Advocacy, in the Present Value and The Advocate email newsletters, and The Washington CPA magazine. Learn more about these resources and how you can get involved below!
What issues are the legislature taking up that may impact the profession? Here is your source for legislative updates and news.
become an advocate
Your voice and expertise can make a difference. If you want to have a hand in shaping Washington's accounting legislation, we want to hear from you.
The CPAPAC is a key component of the WSCPA’s advocacy. This tool amplifies the WSCPA's voice in Olympia, and is fueled by member contributions.