At the core of the CPA profession are integrity and the protection of the public. To achieve adherence to the highest possible professional standards, the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) established the Peer Review Program for AICPA members in public practice who provide attestation services. Public accounting firms engage in a peer review to review and report on the firm’s system of quality control in applying professional standards.
Effective May 1, 2023, the Peer Review Program for Washington CPA firms will be administered by the Colorado Society of CPAs (COCPA). Visit the COCPA website for more information.
For reference, this FAQ document provides common questions and answers regarding the transition of the peer review administration from WSCPA to COCPA. Peer review outsource FAQ.pdf
Contact the following individuals for assistance:
COCPA Peer Review Coordinators
Jill Turner, COCPA Peer Review Coordinator, 303.800.9190
Sheila Duggan, COCPA Peer Review Coordinator, 303.800.9190
Colorado Society of CPAs Contact Information
7887 E Belleview Ave Ste 200, Englewood, CO 80111-6076
800.523.9082 or email@example.com.
AICPA Contact Information
- PRIMA Assistance Monday-Friday, 8:00am-8:00pm ET
- Firms help using PRIMA, 919.402.4502, press 1
- Reviewer help using PRIMA, 919.402.4502, press 2
- Peer Review Assistance
- Help related to standards, guidance and/or the peer review process (non-PRIMA related questions), 919.402.4502, press 3
- Help related to whether a firm appropriately applied authoritative guidance, Issue Advisory Hotline 919.402.4502, press 4